Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sculpture

Benjamin
First project in this semester's sculpture class.
Below are some pre-fire shots with and without ears. 
Wow, this semester has been a dream and a nightmare. Taking 18 hours has been a goodbye to comfort, but sculpture class has been a highlight. The above work took too many weeks to dry, fire, glaze, and fire again. How I wish I had a kiln myself so I might work with clay more often! Exhilarating is the feeling of seeing a work transformed by time, fire, and most powerfully, my hands.In slightly less than two weeks, the game of school will be over for 2017. I look forward to the pause but feel slightly anxious about it too. Activity gives a certain adrenaline rush that keeps me going. Rest is understatedly important. Tis the season for all-nighters. Zombies can occasionally be seen walking around campus. Thankfully, I have not been forced into that midnight option yet. (I might still, since I am currently writing this post to procrastinate an ecology term paper.) I love school but dread deadlines. -M

 
In 

No comments:

Post a Comment